Devin W. Quackenbush
- Founder, Senior Attorney
- Family Law 15%
- Divorce 15%
- Child Custody 15%
- Trusts and Wills 20%
- Probate 15%
- Business Formation 15%
- Contracts Drafting 5%
Devin Quackenbush was born and raised in Utah County, Utah. He became interested in the law at an early age. During his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University, Devin interned for the FBI in Quantico, Virginia. From his experience at the FBI, Devin's interests in the law increased and he decided to pursue a career as a lawyer.
Devin went to law school at Creighton University where he was the Executive Editor of the Creighton Law Review. He was published for his article on mandatory immunizations and religious exemptions. During and after law school, Devin found opportunities in Alaska, beginning with working for the District Attorney's Office in Palmer, Alaska. Devin passed the Alaska Bar Exam and was offered a position as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Eric Smith of the Alaska Superior Court. Working as a judicial law clerk for Judge Smith, Devin was exposed to a variety of cases from attorneys representing people seeking their day in court. As a judicial law clerk, Devin gained a unique perspective of why some techniques utilized by lawyers are more persuasive than others.
After his clerkship term ended, Devin accepted a position at a prominent law firm in Anchorage, Alaska, where he represented clients in cases involving professional liability, municipal litigation representing the City of Anchorage, appellate practice, employment and labor law, products liability, commercial litigation and professional licensing issues. Devin also assisted in cases for high-profile politicians, multiple insurance companies, as well as for heavy equipment, helicopter, firearm and a number of other product manufacturers.
Devin returned to Utah and became licensed to practice law in Utah. In 2014, Devin opened Quackenbush Legal, PLLC, and has been helping people in cases that include family law, child custody, child support, alimony, divorce, adoption and other family law related cases. The Quackenbush Legal, PLLC, office is located in Murray, allowing Devin to represent individuals all over Salt Lake, Utah, Davis and Weber Counties. Devin discovered that often good people find themselves in precarious situations with the law and need quality legal representation to pursue their rights and especially the best interests of their children. Devin endeavors to help these people and businesses by aggressively representing their interests. Devin's track record of success in Utah has benefited people from all walks of life.
After founding Quackenbush Legal, PLLC, the practice has grown significantly, which has allowed Devin to expand his field of practice to wills, trusts and estates, probate, business formations, and contract drafting and litigation. Because of Devin's work, Quackenbush Legal, PLLC, is able to provide the most up-to-date wills, trusts and wealth planning that is crucial to helping individuals protect their children and grandchildren as well as direct how their wealth is protected during their lives and passed on to those they care about afterward.
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Major: Portuguese
- Utah, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2014
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Public Interest Law Forum
- Litigation Section Attorneys
- American Institute for Family Law Lawyers
- Utah Family Lawyers, Member, 2017 to 2021
- Religion's Hepatitis B Shot, Creighton Law Review, 42, 2009
- Utah Legal Elite, 2021
- AV Preeminent - Martindale Hubble, 2021
- Top Ranking Attorney, 2020 - 2021
- Selected to Rising Stars - Super Lawyers, 2020
- Avvo Top Attorney, 2017 - 2020
- Avvo Client's Choice, 2018 - 2019
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys, 2017 - 2018
- Provided Pro Bono Legal Work for Utah Legal Aid 2017 to 2021
- Heideman & Associates, Attorney, 2013 to 2014
- Bearnson & Caldwell, Attorney, 2012 to 2013
- Clapp Peterson Tiemessen Thorsness & Johnson, LLC, Attorney
- State of Alaska, Judicial Law Clerk
- Courtpath, Inc - Utah Court eFiling Provider